Dr Fayrene Chieng Yew Leh
- PhD, Curtin University, Western Australia, 2019
- Master of Business Administration, Heriot-Watt University, UK, 2001
- BA (Hons) in Business Administration (Marketing), Coventry University, UK, 1997
+60 85 630100 ext. 2770
No. 56, Row 4
Head, Department of Marketing, Faculty of Business, Curtin University Malaysia, Miri, Sarawak [March 2021 to present]
Lecturer, Department of Marketing, Faculty of Business, Curtin University Malaysia, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia [2007 to present]
Lecturer, Department of Business Management, United College Sarawak, Malaysia
Corporate Marketing Strategy
Research Title : The Influence of Macro-environment Forces on Transport Sustainability: A Case in Malaysia
Awarding Body: East Asian Development Network (EADN)
Grant Amount: USD9,200
Research Role (Principal / Researcher): Chief investigator
Academic Journal Articles
- Chieng F.Y.L, Goi, C.L. (2011), Customer-based Brand Equity: A Literature Review, Journal of Arts Science & Commerce, 2, No 1.
- Goi, C.L. and Chieng, F.Y.L (2011), Dimensions of Customer-Based Brand Equity: A Study on Malaysian Brands, Journal of Marketing Research and Case Studies, Volume 2011 (2011).
- Chieng, F.Y.L. and Goi, C.L. (2011), Customer-based Brand Equity: A Study on Interrelationship among the Brand Equity Dimension in Malaysian, African Journal of Business Management 5:30: 11856
- Chieng, F.Y.L (2017), “Antecedents of Brand Attachment: The Relative Importance of Actual, Ideal and Social Self-Congruity”, 4th Borneo Research Education Conference, Malaysia.
- Chieng, F.Y.L (2016), “The Tie that Binds: The Impact of Self-Congruity and Brand Experience on Brand Attachment”, 4th Borneo Research Education Conference, Malaysia. (Best Paper Award)
- Goi, C. L., Chieng, F.Y.L., Ngu, I.Y. (2015). “Malaysian brands or international brands? What does Generation Y really wants?” 3rd Annual Asian SME Conference, Malaysia.
- Goi, C. L., Ngu, I.Y., Chieng, F.Y.L. (2015). “The relationship between social media and brand equity,” International Conference on Management and Information Technology, Singapore.
- Goi, C.L. and Chieng, F.Y.L. (2014), Factors Influencing Foreign Tourists to Shop in Miri, Sarawak, 7th Internal Conference on Contemporary Business & 14th Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management, 15-17 October 2014, Curtin Singapore, Singapore.
- Ngu, I.Y., Chieng, F.Y.L. and Goi C.L. (2014), The Impact of Social Media on Brand Equity: A case of luxury brand, 7th Internal Conference on Contemporary Business & 14th Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management, 15-17 October 2014, Curtin Singapore, Singapore.
- Goi, C.L. and Chieng, F.Y.L. (2014), Malaysia Boleh? Is Malaysian Brand Really Flying?, The Fifth International Conference of International Studies (ICIS2014), 1-2 December, The Royale Chulan Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. The proceeding will be published by Procedia-Social and Behavioural Sciences (Elsevier) with ISBN/ ISSN number and will be indexed in SCOPUS
- Chieng, F.Y.L., Ho, P.P.L., Goi, C.L. and Ng, P.Y. (2012), The Influence of Macro-Environment Forces on Transport Sustainability, East Asian Development Network – Annual Forum 2011/2012, Hyatt Hotel and Casino Manila, Philippines, 2-3 July.
- Chieng, F.Y.L., Goi, C.L. (2012), The Measurement and Dimensionality of Customer-based Brand Equity: Empirical Evidence from Malaysian Brands, 2012 Global Marketing Conference, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 19-22 July.
- Goi, C.L. and Chieng, F.Y.L. (2011), Customer-Based Brand Equity towards Local Brand: Study on Malaysian Perspective, 16th IBIMA conference on Innovation and Knowledge Management: A Global Competitive Advantage, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 29-30 June.
Academic Society Committee Membership
- Associate (AFHEA), Higher Education Academy UK (HEA), 2019-current
- Member, Institute of Marketing Malaysia (IMM), 2015-current
Role on Board of Directors or Advisory Board : Member
Organisation name: Malaysia Institute of Marketing (MIM)
Date : since 2015
Updated on: 20 July 2020