Terms of Reference (ToR)
Our External Engagement (EE) Committee is committed to fostering meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships with various external stakeholders, including private sectors, government agencies, non-profit organisations, and local communities. External engagement is a key component of our mission to promote knowledge sharing, innovation, and societal impact.
Scope of External Engagement
External Engagement encompasses a wide range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Collaborative industry projects
- Industry partnerships and research agreements
- Knowledge transfer and sharing
- Community outreach and service
- Alumni relations and engagement
- Future students’ engagement
- Develop and maintain relationships with various external stakeholders.
- Identify and pursue strategic partnership opportunities.
- Facilitate collaboration between university faculty, researchers, and external and industry partners.
- Support and promote knowledge sharing and innovation.
- Manage community outreach and engagement events.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive student recruitment strategy to increase the future number of students of FOB.
- Monitor and assess the impact of external engagement activities.
- Our EE Committee will be guided by the following principles:
- Academic Integrity: Ensure that all engagement activities uphold the highest standards of academic integrity and ethical conduct.
- Reciprocity: Seek mutually beneficial outcomes for both the university and its external partners.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Promote engagement activities that are inclusive and diverse, reflecting the university’s commitment to equity and diversity.
- Sustainability: Consider the long-term sustainability of external engagement efforts in conjunctions with FOB’s prioritised United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – 3 (Health & Wellbeing), 4 (Quality Education), 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth), 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities), 12 (Responsibility for consumption and production) and 17 (Partnerships for the Goals).
- Impact and Accountability: Strive for meaningful impacts and maintain transparency and accountability in all engagement activities.
- Faculty Dean (ex officio)
- Associate Dean, External Engagement (ex officio)
- Other members of the Faculty
- Secretary, Faculty’s Administrative Assistant
The EE Commitee meets four (4) times a year. Additional meetings may be scheduled on a need basis.
Updated on 23rd October 2023