Alpha Anak Ngadan
Discipline Lead (Finance)
PhD Student, CMBA (Finance), BBA (Hons) Finance
Tel: +60 85 630100 Ext:2071
Location: Heron 2 Room 31
Fax: +60 85 630088
- PhD Student, Curtin University Malaysia (2016 – present)
- Corporate MBA (Finance), University Malaysia Sarawak (2007)
- BBA (Hons) Finance, University Technology MARA, Malaysia (2004)
- Teaching: Students’ Choice Award, Finance and Banking (S2 2019)
- Excellence in Teaching Award in Evaluate, Curtin University Malaysia (2016)
- I currently specialise in the following specialities:
- Behavioural finance
- Herding behaviour
Selected Research Funding & Research Projects
- Funder: Curtin University Malaysia (FOB Research Fund) (1st February 2021-31st January 2022)
Title: Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Global Stock and Bond Market Returns.
Team members: Dr. Rubaiyat Ahsan Bhuiyan (PI), Dr. Changyong Zhang, Alpha Anak Ngadan, Tanusree Chakravarty Mukherjee and Dr Adamu Abbas Adamu.
- Funder: Ministry of Higher Education (Fundamental Research Grant Scheme) (2019)
Title: Modelling Growth-Maximizing Oil Rent Threshold for Malaysian Knowledge Based Manufacturing Sector
Team members: Dr. Ramez Abubakr Badeeb (PI), Dr. Abey P. Philip, Alpha Anak Ngadan, Tanusree Chakravarty Mukherjee
- Funder: Ministry of Higher Education (Fundamental Research Grant Scheme) (2018)
Title: Information-Seeking Behaviour of the Rural Dwellers in the Digital Age: The Savolainen’s Model
Team members: Dr. Nga Huong Tiew (PI), Dr. Pauline Poh Ling Ho, Mr. Alpha Anak Ngadan, Dr. Ching Seng Yap, Dr. Changyong Zhang
- Funder: Ministry of Higher Education (Fundamental Research Grant Scheme) (2017)
Title: A Dynamic Equilibrium Model to Mitigate Damage Costs from Biosecurity Risk: The Malaysian Agriculture Sector
Team members: Dr. Oladokun Nafiu Olaniyi (PI), Dr. Kenneth R. Szulczyk, and Mr. Alpha Anak Ngadan
- Funder: Curtin University Malaysia (FOB Research Fund) (2017)
Title: Financial literacy among the aborigines: An empirical study for the case of financial literacy in Sarawak
Team members: Dr. Oladokun Nafiu Olaniyi (PI), Tanusree Chakravarty Mukherjee, Mr. Alpha Anak Ngadan
- Funder: Curtin University Malaysia (FOBH Research Fund) (2016)
Title: In-between worlds: Perceptions of the displaced indigenous people affected by the construction of the Batang Ai dam towards their way of life
Team members: Dr. Hah Foong Lian (PI), Mr. Terry Justin Dit, Mr. Peter Jamba, Mr. Alpha Anak Ngadan
A. Book Chapter
B. Journal Publications
- Yap, C. S., Tiew, F. N. H., Ngadan A. A., & Ho, P. L. (2020). Information needs and information-seeking behaviour of rural dwellers in Sarawak, Malaysia. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 25(2), 77-94.
C. Conference Proceedings
- Ngadan, AA. (2017). Momentum profits and herding behaviour in emerging Asian equity markets and real estate
investment trusts – Borneo Research Colloquium (BREC) 2017, 6-7 November
- Ngadan, AA. (2016). Momentum Profits and Herding Behaviour in Emerging Asian Equity Markets and Real Estate Investment Trusts – North Borneo Research Colloquium (NBRC) 2016, 18-19 April
- Ngadan, AA. (2014). The Financial Performance of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) from the Behavioural Finance Perspective: A Case of REITs in Malaysia – UNIMAS Postgraduate Colloquium 4-5 September
- Ngadan, AA. (2013). REITs Performance: An analysis from the Behavioural Finance Perspective – 1st Borneo Research Education Conference (BREC).
- Ngadan, AA. (2013). Financial Performance of Real Estate Investment Trusts from the Behavioural Finance Perspective: A Case of Malaysia – UNIMAS Postgraduate Colloquium 5-6 September.
- Ngadan, AA. (2011). Behavioural Finance and its contribution to the Global Financial Crisis 2008 – Malaysian Stock Market – Curtin Postgraduate Colloquium, Miri Malaysia.
A lifetime member of the Malaysian Finance Association (MFA)