Research and Development
Higher Degree Research Programmes
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Mode of Delivery
Supervised research study
Mode of Study
Full-time or Part-time
Duration of Study
|MPhil||1 to 2 years||2 to 4 years|
|PhD||2 to 3 years||4 to 6 years|
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least a Lower Second Class Honours.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75.
- A work station with 24 hours access
- Stationery support including paper, printing, photocopy
- Research room – well equipped with data and software
- RM1,500/year of financial support for consumables and fieldwork related spending.
- Opportunity to attend specialised research training seminars, professorial training workshops, national or international conferences supported by the University.
- Full online access to research supporting resources (including international journals, conference proceedings, e-books, etc.) provided by the parent campus.
- Limited scholarships are available under the Curtin Sarawak Postgraduate Research Scheme. An awardee currently receives a stipend of RM2,100 per month and tuition fees will also be waived. In return, awardees are expected to contribute a maximum of 8 hours of teaching activities per week during semesters.
- Limited number of fee waivers are available under the Faculty of Business, Curtin Malaysia. An awardee currently receives a course fee waiver only. In return, awardees are expected to contribute a maximum of 8 hours of teaching activities per week during semesters.
Point of Contact
Dr. Joseph Kee Ming Sia (email@example.com)