Terms of Reference (ToR)
Within the Faculty of Business, the Learning and Teaching Committee is responsible for the student experience, learning and teaching and quality assurance of all programs offered by the Faculty.
Roles and Responsibilities
The LTC is responsible for the following roles and functions:
- Implement, monitor and review plans and policies to support University’s learning, teaching, training and assessment strategies.
- Foster the quality of learning and teaching and student learning experience
- Provide advice to the Dean/HODs on academic matters related to the operation, management and review of the department’s programs.
- Monitor policies compliance and quality assurance processes in learning and teaching
- Provide advice regarding matters impacting student learning, including student study plans, at-risk students and student transitions to university
- Coordinate activities on scholarship in learning and teaching and promote opportunities in the scholarship of Learning and Teaching through mentoring, workshops and pedagogical research
- Faculty Dean (ex officio)
- Associate Dean of Learning and Teaching (Chair)
- Chair and members of Faculty /University Quality Assurance
- Discipline Leads
- Other members of the Faculty
- Secretary, Faculty’s Administrative Assistant
- The LTC meets four (4) times a year. Additional meetings may be scheduled on a need.