Message From Associate Dean, External Engagement
As we continue to evolve and respond to the ever-changing landscape of higher education, I am excited to share with you our renewed focus on external engagement.
It is my privilege to serve as the Associate Dean of External Engagement, and I am deeply committed to the belief that our university’s success is intrinsically linked to our ability to forge strong and meaningful connections beyond our campus walls. Our commitment to external engagement is not just a part of our mission; it is at the very core of who we are.
Our role is to foster meaningful partnerships that drive innovation, amplify our impacts to the community, and benefit both students and the members of the public at large. As we embark on this journey, I would like to highlight some key points that will guide our efforts:
1. Collaboration and Synergy: We will actively seek opportunities for collaboration with industry, government, non-profit organisations, and the community. Our aim is to create synergistic relationships that bring together the diverse strengths of our partners with our academic expertise.
2. Knowledge Exchange: We recognise the importance of knowledge transfer and innovation. We will support our faculty and students in sharing their discoveries and innovations with the communities, driving economic and societal growth.
3. Inclusivity and Diversity: In all our external engagement activities, we will embrace diversity and inclusivity. Our partnerships will reflect the rich tapestry of our community, fostering an environment that values equity and respect.
4. Sustainability: Our commitment extends beyond the immediate term. We will consider the long-term sustainability of external engagement efforts in conjunctions with FOB’s prioritised United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – 3 (Health & Wellbeing), 4 (Quality Education), 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth), 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities), 12 (Responsibility for consumption and production) and 17 (Partnerships for the Goals).
5. Accountability and Impact: We will be transparent and accountable in all our actions. Our success will be measured by the impacts we create in our students, partners, and society.
I invite each member of our community to join us in this endeavour. Whether you are industry partners, students, faculty members, staff, or alumni, your support and engagement are vital to our mission’s success.
Our External Engagement Committee will be regularly sharing updates on our initiatives and accomplishments, and I encourage you to participate, provide feedback, and get involved.
Thank you for your dedication and continued support. Together, we will forge a brighter future for our university and the communities we serve.
Yip Ka Yii
M.Tax (Australia); BCom (Accounting & Finance)
ASA CPA Australia (Membership No: 10916263); AFHEA