Dr Fidella Tiew Nga Huong
- PhD, Curtin University, Western Australia, 2018
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching, Curtin University – August 2011
- MBA major in Marketing, University of Southern Queensland, Australia – 2003
- BSc (Hons) Hotel and Restaurant Management, Middlesex University, London – 1997
+60 85 630100 ext. 5090
- Head, Department of Marketing, Faculty of Business, Curtin University Malaysia [March 2019-February 2021]
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Marketing, Faculty of Business, Curtin University Malaysia [December 2018-present]
- Lecturer, Tourism Marketing and Management, Curtin University Malaysia [August 2005 – November 2018]
- Head, Student Services, Curtin Sarawak [May 2003 – July 2005]
- Programme Manager cum Lecturer, Executive Institute (KTS Education S/B), Kuching [September 1997 – April 2003]
- Public Relations & Human Resource Executive, KTS Holdings S/B, Sibu & Kuching [1994 – 1995]
- Banquet Sales Executive, Premier Hotel, Sibu [1992 – 1994]
- Food & Beverage Supervisor, Tanahmas Hotel, Sibu [1991 – 1992]
Public Relations Foundations
Sustainable Event Development
Tourism & services marketing, Event management, Stakeholder management, Teaching & Learning
Research Title: Information-Seeking Behaviour of the Rural Dwellers in the Digital Age: The Savolainen’s Model
Awarding Body: Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia (FRGS)
Grant Amount: RM75,000
Research Role: Principal Researcher
Period: 2019 – 2020
Research Title: Stakeholder Role and Salience in Event Tourism: Perspectives from Sarawak
Awarding Body: Curtin Sarawak Research Fund
Grant Amount: RM10,000
Research Role: Principal Researcher
Period: 2014 – 2016
Industry / Contract Research Reports
Customer Satisfaction survey: Borneo Jazz 2016 (commissioned by Sarawak Tourism)
Event Experience research: Borneo Jazz 2017 (commissioned by Sarawak Tourism)
Academic Journal Articles
Tiew, F., Holmes, K., & de Bussy, N. (2015). Tourism Events and the Nature of Stakeholder Power. Event Management, 19(4), 525-541. doi: 10.3727/152599515X14465748512768
Tiew, F. (2010) Business Students’ Views of Peer Assessment on Class Participation, International Education Studies, Vol 3. No. 3 August 2010, pp. 126 – 131.
Ng, P. Y., Abdullah, S.K., Nee, P. H. and Tiew, F. N. H. (2009) Employers’ Feedback on Business Graduates: An Exploratory study in Curtin Sarawak, International Review of Business Research Papers, Vol 5 No. 4 June 2009 Pp. 306 -321.
Tiew, F. & Abdullah, S.K. (2013), Curtin’s Graduate Attributes: Malaysia Employers’ Views on Importance and Performance. Proceedings of the 2nd International Higher Education Teaching and Learning Conference, Curtin Sarawak Malaysia.
Tiew, F. & Goi, C. L. (2011), Grading classroom participation through peer assessment: perception and experience of marketing students. Proceedings of the Enhancing Learning: Teaching and Learning Conference 2011, Curtin Sarawak Malaysia.
Tiew, N. H., Ng, P. Y. & Goi, C. L. (2009), University Student Travel Motives: A Comparative Study On Students Of Curtin University of Technology, Sarawak, Malaysia. Proceedings of the 3rd International Colloquium on Tourism & Leisure, Bangkok, Thailand.
Ng, P. Y., Abdullah, S.K., Nee, P. H. and Tiew, F. N. H. (2009), Employers’ Feedback on Curtin Graduates Attributes: An Exploratory Study on Curtin Sarawak, Proceedings of the International Business Research Conference 2009, Dubai.
Ng, P. Y., Abdullah, S.K., Nee, P. H. and Tiew, F. N. H. (2008), Business Graduate Attributes: An Exploratory Study on Curtin Sarawak, Proceedings of the International Conference on Business and Information 2008, South Korea.
Tiew, F., Ng, P. Y. & Goi, C. L. (2007), University Student Travel Preferences: An Exploratory Study On Students Of Curtin University of Technology, Sarawak Campus, Proceedings of the 5th Tourism Educators’ Conference On Tourism & Hospitality, Penang, Malaysia.
Tiew, F. & Goi, C.L. (2014), Three Days Two Nights: Mulu Trip That Has Influenced Mood, Emotion and Feeling, Management Education: Towards Achieving Global Standards and Recognition International Symposium, 2-3 October 2014, Curtin Sarawak Malaysia.
Tiew, F. (2014), Stakeholder Power Relations in Tourism Events: Perspectives from Borneo, Tourism Research Cluster Symposium 2014: Events, Festivals and Communities, 11-12 June 2014, Curtin University, Western Australia
Academic Society Committee Membership
Member of ASEAN Tourism Research Association (2014 – present)
Member of CBS Tourism Research Cluster (2012 – present)
Member of Tourism Educators Association of Malaysia (TEAM) (2007 & 2008)
Name of award: Best Lecturer Award (Highest student satisfaction rate in eVALUate)
Awarding organisation: Faculty of Business, Curtin Malaysia
Date: Semester 1 & 2, 2016
Name of award: Academic of the Year 2010
Awarding organisation: School of Business, Curtin Sarawak
Updated on: 3 March 2021