Ramez Abubakr Badeeb
Dr. Ramez Abubakr Badeeb
PhD, MS, PGD, BSc (Hons)
Head of Department
Tel: +60 85 630100 Ext: 2757
Location: Heron 2. L1. Room 41
Fax: +60 85 630088
- Doctor of Philosophy, Universiti Sains Malaysia (2016)
- Master’s Degree in Financial Markets, Damascus University, Syria (2008)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Financial and Monetary Economics, Damascus University, Syria (2003)
- Bachelor in Economics (Hons) Damascus University, 2003
- Student’s Choice Award S1/ 2019 for outstanding Teaching performance ( Curtin University Malaysia)
- Excellence Achievement in Journal Publications Award (UniversitiSains Malaysia) (MajlisPersada Kencana- Dec 2018)
- Outstanding Reviewer Award for the contribution made to the quality of Resource Policy Journal ( July 2018- Elsevier)
- Excellence Achievement in Journal Publications Award (UniversitiSains Malaysia) (MajlisPersada Kencana- Dec 2017)
- Best Paper Award: The 18th Malaysian Finance Association Annual Conference (MFAC), Melaka, Malaysia, 2016.
- I am interested in the following disciplines:
- Financial Economics
- Economic Development
- Energy & Resources Economics
- Applied Economics
Selected Research Funding & Research Projects
- Funder: FRGS from Ministry of Higher Education (2019)
Title: Modelling Oil Rent Threshold in Malaysian Knowledge-Based Manufacturing Sector
- Funder: FRGS from Ministry of Higher Education (2018)
Title: A Fundamental Study of Energy Curse Threshold in the Environmental Kuznets Curve
A. Book Chapter
- Badeeb R, A & Lean H. H. (2017): Natural Resources, Financial Development and Sectoral Value Added in a Resource Based Economy. In “Robustness in Econometrics” edited by Kreinovich, V & Sriboonchitta, S: [Springer Publisher] doi:10.1007/978-3-319-50742-2
B. Journal Publications
- Badeeb, R. A., Lean, H. H., & Shahbaz, M. (2020). Are too many natural resources to blame for the shape of the Environmental Kuznets Curve in resource-based economies?. Resource Policy, 68, 101694 [ ABDC: B] ISI Q1 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resourpol.2020.101694
- Badeeb, R, A. and Lean, H.H. (2018). Asymmetric impact of Oil price on Islamic sectoral Stocks. Energy Economics. [ABDC: A* ] ISI Q1 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2017.11.012
- Badeeb, R, A, Lean, H.H., and Clark, J. (2017). The Evolution of the Natural Resource Curse Thesis: A Critical Literature Survey. Resource Policy. 51: 123-134 [ ABDC: B] ISI Q1 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resourpol.2016.10.015
- Badeeb, R, A., Lean, H.H., and Smyth, R. (2016). Oil Curse and Finance-Growth Nexus in Malaysia: The Role of Investment. Energy Economics. 57: 154-165 [ABDC: A* ] ISI Q1 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2016.04.020
- Badeeb R, A & Lean H,H. (2017). Financial development, Oil Dependence and Economic Growth: Evidence from Republic of Yemen. Studies in Economics and Finance. [ABDC: B] Scopus https://doi.org/10.1108/SEF-07-2014-0137
- Kizito, E., Lean, H.H and Badeeb R, A. (2017). Finance-Growth Nexus in Cote D’ivoire and Nigeria: Does the Proxy Matter? Pertanika [Scopus]. ISSN: 0128-7702
- Badeeb, R, A., Lean, H.H. (2017). Natural Resources and productivity: Can Banking Development Mitigate the Curse? Economies. 5(11). [ESCI]. doi:3390/economies5020011
- Badeeb, R, A.& Lean, H.H. (2016). Assessing the Asymmetric Impact of Oil Price on Islamic Stock in Malaysia: New Evidence from Non-Linear ARDL. The Journal of Muamalat and Islamic Finance Research. 13(2). [Islamicus].
- Badeeb, R, A.& Lean, H.H. (2017). The Determinants of Financial Development: Evidence from Principal Components Approach? Capital Market Review.
C. Conference Proceedings
- Badeeb, R, A.& Lean, H.H. (2017). Oil price and Islamic Stock Markets : An Asymmetric Perspective. The 19th Malaysian Finance Association Annual Conference (MFAC), Perak, Malaysia.
- Badeeb, R, A.& Lean, H.H. (2016). Assessing the Asymmetric Impact of Oil Price on Islamic Stock in Malaysia: New Evidence from Non-Linear ARDL. The 18th Malaysian Finance Association Annual Conference (MFAC), Melaka, Malaysia. [Best paper Award]
- Badeeb R, A & Lean Hooi Hooi. (2016). The Impact of Oil dependence on Finance-growth nexus: The case of Saudi Arabia. Middle East Economic Association 15th international conference, Doha, Qatar.
- Badeeb, R, A.& Lean, H.H. (2015). Oil Dependence and the Finance- Investment Linkage. In the proceeding: 11th Asian Academy of Management International Conference 2015, Penang , Malaysia
- Badeeb, R, A.& Lean, H.H. (2014). Is There a Natural Resource Curse in Finance-Growth Nexus? The Case of Malaysia. In Proceeding: International Conference on Contemporary Economic Issues (ICCEI), Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia.
- Badeeb, R.A. (2013). The Relationship between Financial development and Economic Growth In Yemen. In proceeding: The 5th Social Sciences International Seminar (SSPIS), Penang, Malaysia
- Member, The Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences (AABFS)
- Member, Middle East Economic Association