Scholarship in Teaching & Learning – Teaching Excellence Awards
1. Dr Shamsul Kamariah, Senior Lecturer, Department of Marketing, Curtin Malaysia
– Senior lecturer in Marketing Dr. Shamsul Kamariah Abdullah of Curtin University, Malaysia (Curtin Malaysia) and her counterpart at Curtin University’s main campus in Perth, Dr. Aneeshta Gunness, are joint recipients of the ‘Programs That Enhance Learning for Curtin Business School’ Award. The award was presented by Curtin Business School (CBS) at Curtin University in Perth for excellence in the delivery of their Retail Marketing & Distribution unit using Distributed Learning (DL) pedagogy.
– Finalist: Cengage Pride-Ferrell Innovations in Teaching Competition, Atlanta, Georgia, USA 2016 (Dr Shamsul Kamariah, Curtin Malaysia and Dr Aneeshta Gunness –CBS). Distributed Learning pedagogy
– Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Awards – Curtin University, (2005) was awarded to Dr Shamsul Kamariah
– Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Awards – Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning – Curtin University (2007) was awarded to Dr Shamsul Kamariah
2. Dr Abey P Philip, Senior Lecturer, Department of Banking and Finance, Curtin Malaysia
– 2016 CBS Teacher of the Year Award (Curtin Business School, Curtin University, Perth )
– 2016 Best Lecturer- Student’s Choice Award, Curtin Students Council, Curtin University Malaysia
– 2015 Curtin Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Award (EIT) Curtin University, Perth [ The highest teaching award in Curtin, Perth]
– 2015 Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Award (Faculty of Business and Humanities, Curtin University Malaysia, Sarawak)
– 2015 Best Lecturer- Student’s Choice Award, Curtin Student’s Council, Curtin University Malaysia
3. 2015 CBS Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Students Learning Award was awarded in 2016 to the team teaching Fundamentals of Management.
The team was Dr Linda Hii (unit leader) while the team members were Dr Adriel Sim, Dr Lew Tek Yew, Dr Jude Emelifeonwu, Dr Ricardo Baba, Mr Luke Bong, and Mr Azhar Yahya.
4. Faculty of Business Excellent in Teaching Award for Sem 1, 2017